I’m finally making a personal blog post after so long! If I’m not mistaken, this is the first time I’m doing this (but please do correct me if wrong). I noticed a lot of you have been tagging me on Instagram to make my very own “20 things you didn’t know about me” post so I figured why not make a blog entry out of it. After almost 4 years of blogging, I think it’s high time I let you in a little more. So here goes!
1. I started dying my hair only after college because my mom wouldn’t allow me. But before that, some of my old high school teachers and classmates would suspect that I colored my hair because under the sun, it kinda looks a bit light brown/reddish. Come college, my hair went through a weird phase when one month, it would be extra light and other times, it would get extra dark.
2. Speaking of hair, I was originally born with super curly hair. (Yes, the kind that has a life of its own.) My mom shaved my head twice as a baby so now, my hair is just naturally wavy.
3. I was also originally left-handed according to my mom. They just trained me early on to use my right hand so there are no traces of being a leftie in me anymore.
4. I’ve always been bubbly even as a kid. Apparently, I’d claim to house guests that when I grow up, I’m going to be a beauty queen–in the tune of the “Little Miss Philippines” opening speech. Now though, I’d deny this ever happened. I always thought my dream job as a kid was to be a teacher. I’d even gather my stuffed toys and pretend they were my students, with a broken antenna in hand as my pointer and my portable chalkboard hanging on the wall.
5. I’m the only tall member of my family so I guess I got the recessive gene. (That and the fact that I drank a lot of milk and always slept early as a kid.) Without my scoliosis, my height would’ve been 5’9″. Gasp. I used to hate being tall as a kid (which is why I have a really bad posture). I wanted to be at the front part of the line in school because it was much more fun. So every summer, I’d pray to God not to let me grow any taller (because for some reason, I seem to grow so much every summer break). God didn’t grant my wish though. He only started granting it when I realized I actually like my height. Pfft.
6. I used to be a carbs freak. I’d eat platefuls of rice and an entire big bowl of mashed potatoes everyday. My love for carbs started when I was in high school. I was so desperate to gain weight so I’d just load up on carbs all the time. I only learned to curb my appetite for carbs recently when my doctor advised me to lessen my carb intake due to an increased sugar level in my blood. (I’d rather sacrifice rice than sweets and desserts.)
7. Although I do work out, I hate cardio and leg exercises. I can only spend 10 minutes on the treadmill and I curse squats.
8. I can not cook to save my life. When I studied in France for 4 months, I survived with the help of microwaveable Uncle Ben rice, pre-cooked meals (that still ended up being undercooked), chicken nuggets, omelets, corned beef and bacon. Anyone who’s shared a meal with me knows that I eat like there’s no tomorrow so this was definitely a tragic tragic time for my stomach.
9. I used to be scared of flying. As much as I love traveling, I hated getting on the plane. Every turbulence would play Final Destination scenarios in my head. Eventually, I got over it. Thank God or else I’d be a nervous wreck now.
10. I never learned a lot of French during my foreign exchange program. I only know a handful of phrases which is a shame really. I do speak Mandarin and Fukien fluently, aside from English and Filipino.
11. I’ve always been an honor student ever since I can remember but I don’t necessarily have the same traits as most nerds do. I was never that kid who’d join math, science and spelling contests. I joined singing, dancing and declamation contests instead. I also cram a lot and let my seatmates copy my answers. (Bad bad example. LOL.)
12. I like to read manuals when I get new gadgets. I don’t know why but I feel like I have to be thorough. Haha!
13. Eye infections/defects/tricks creep me out. I mean, I don’t judge but I’m just scared of them like how some people are scared of seeing blood. One of my bestest friends had swollen eyes before due to an allergy, I accompanied her the entire day and it took all of me to look her in the eye and not pass out.
14. Ironically, one thing I’m not afraid of are needles. For example, I’d rather get injected with anesthesia when I’m at the dentist than have to sit there and agonize over when the pain will come.
15. Speaking of the dentist, I’ve never had my wisdom teeth removed. I think I only have 2 and it’s not even certain if I have to have them removed. Woohoo!
16. My favorite show of all time is Friends. I have the entire collection and I can watch them over and over again. “WE WERE ON A BREAK!”
17. While we’re on the topic of friends, I count myself blessed to have met the best of friends anyone can ever ask for. I don’t think I have a lot of them, but the few that I hold dear to my heart are precious. I trust them completely and know that they have my back 100%–everyone from my childhood besties, college friends and blogger besties.
18. I get misjudged a lot because I have a resting b*tch face and eyes that can pierce through your soul. I blame my mom and her genes for this. LOL! But when you meet me, you’d know I’m totally the opposite and like to crack jokes a lot (which I sometimes regret especially when I’m on a show or something.)
19. This is always the number one question from readers aside from what’s your height, what’s your hair color and what’s your camera: do you have a boyfriend? No, I don’t have one and yes, I’ve had some. If and when I do have one though, I don’t think I’ll be sharing too much about the relationship nor the person. I just think life is simpler that way so I hope it’s okay with you guys. I know a lot of you are excited for this moment to come. Lol!
20. I can not pronounce “nakakapagpabagabag”, whistle, ride the bike nor kill cockroaches. These are my major weaknesses in life. Lol! Just kidding. But I really can’t do these things.
There you go, 20 random/useless information about me that I thought would be fun to share with you guys. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me below. I’d be happy to answer them!