There’s no escaping Valentine’s day. You’re bound to see flowers, chocolates and hearts everywhere you go. So whether you’re single or in love, why don’t you hop on the bandwagon and celebrate it the best way you can. There’s no use in trying to fight it. It is after all, at the heart of it–a celebration of love, all kinds of love. It’s not just for couples, it can be for friends, siblings and families too. So here are my suggestions to help you make your Valentine’s day awesome. Nothing fancy. Just simple things you and your loved one/s can do. (If you’re in a relationship, you can easily put a romantic spin to these activities.)
- Start the day right. Surprise your loved one/s with breakfast in bed or even with something as simple as a sweet handwritten note. Big or small, it’s up to you!
- Do something you and your loved one/s have always wanted to do but never had the chance to. Today is about making time for that.
- Try something new together. Doing things together for the first time is a fun way to strengthen your bond.
- Make it a no-gadgets day. This day should be all about enjoying each other’s company, without 21st century distractions.
- Make it personal. If you’re exchanging gifts, add a personal touch to it. Write a short letter on why you chose to give him/her this gift. Take this opportunity to express yourself more than you usually do.
- End your day by telling each other what you love the most about him/her. Actions may speak louder than words but sometimes, you need to hear these words too.
Happy Valentine’s day everyone! Don’t be grinch and spread the love!
Balloons from C’est Ça Gift Works