How To Create A Capsule Wardrobe

Most people think being fashionable entails a large wardrobe. Although this does make your life easier, it’s definitely not a requirement. To be stylish, you also have to be smart–smart about your wardrobe choices and how to mix and match them to get the most out of your limited wardrobe. All you need are versatile clothes and a creative mind. Don’t believe me? Here’s a capsule wardrobe composed of only 12 pieces of clothing that’ll last you an entire month (or even more).

The key to creating an effective capsule wardrobe is to invest in the right basics and classics mixed with a few statement pieces. Stick to one color palette composed of just a few colors so it’s easier to match the pieces with one another. Think of items that are multi-functional: a dress that can serve as a top or a skirt; a blazer you can use as a dress or a top; a top you can layer with other pieces or even use as outerwear and so on and so forth. Remember, it’s all about maximizing your wardrobe.

For my capsule wardrobe, I chose 3 tops (a buttondown tunic, a knitted cropped top and a silk camisole), 2 pieces of outerwear (a blazer and a long vest), 3 dresses (a silk slip, an oversized off-shoulder knit dress and a minimalist jersey dress) and 4 bottoms (a pair of slimfit trousers, culottes with ruffled hem, a statement midi skirt and a patchwork pattern mini skirt). Take a look at how I styled them below. Hopefully you can use this as a guide to create your own capsule wardrobe for your daily outfits or even when you travel. Get creative and don’t forget to accessorize! Trust me, accessories are powerful tools that can take you from plain Jane to fashion maven.

P.S. Let me know if you want more how-to blog posts like this.

30 Responses to “How To Create A Capsule Wardrobe”
  1. Abby Caranto

Grabe Ate Cams, how do you it? Many Capsule Wardrobe guides I see include generic pieces, but this one features elevated basics! You got a real eye for fashion, as always. <3 Wonderful blog!

2. Rocel Dana Alulod

I was amazed on how you style few clothes to different styles. This is tipid but with style! Thanks for sharing

3. Jansell

Wow I love this post Cams! This is so helpful for anyone who always wants to travel in style (like me) minus overpacking dilemma! <3

4. sei

in 19 and 30 you can also wear the blazer/ coat incase you get cold or are going to office. for kpop fans its called fan service, but for blogs? it can be called reader service? haha so this is one of the best reader service post i’ve seen :) thank you so much ❤️

5. Gayle

It’s been a while since I last visited your blog. :( Yet, this is the bomb. :D Great wardrobe tips ms. Camille. This is perfect for someone, like me, who doesn’t have much money to buy a lot of outfits.

6. Kartika D Aryani

Great tips. Mix and match something to wear is the effective way to look stylish without need huge closet or spend a lot of money to buy new clothes ^^

7. Elizabeth T.

Definitely loved this post! I’ a firm believer of acquiring timeless and classic wardrobe staples in order to create chic and interesting outfits <3 :) Your sense of style is amazing as always, Camille! Would love to see more how to posts on the blog! Thanks for sharing!

XO, Elizabeth

• Camille Co

Thank you Elizabeth! Glad you like this! :) It motivates me to create more posts like this <3

8. Jessica Tan

Ohhhhh goshhhhh! This has got to be one of my all time fave post from you! I love blog posts like this as it gives me an idea on how to utilize what I have! More blog post like this, please!

• Camille Co

Accidentally made 14 and 30 the same, but updated them now! :) I can’t even pick a favorite