Touristy In Korea

This will probably go down as the most touristy thing I’ve ever done in my life–walking around Gyeongbokgung Palace in a hanbok. If not for the Makeup Plus App team arranging this for us, I would’ve never ever thought of doing this. Not that I don’t like it, I just probably wouldn’t have the guts to do it. LOL. But as it turns out, I had nothing to be embarrassed about. There was actually quite a number of tourists and local girls who were in hanboks as well! It’s a thing! It’s a LEGITIMATE THING. Of course, normally-dressed tourists had a field day seeing all of us together in our traditional costumes–taking photos with us and even squeezing in a few sneaky snapshots here and there. I totally understand though. Girl in hanbok + Gyeongbokgung Palace makes for Instagram gold. You know what they say, do it for the Insta! Or better yet, do it for the Fyuse.

Not familiar with Fyuse? I’ve actually had this app for quite some time now but have only been stalking people on it. It’s a super cool app, especially for capturing scenic spots when you travel because unlike other social media apps, Fyuse actually shows your followers a 3D view. Check out my first Fyuse below so you know what I mean.

Awesome, right??? I posted another one here in case you want to see one more. It looks even better on your phone because all you have to do is tilt your phone from side to side to see the entire 3D photo. Download it so you can try it yourself! It’s available on both Google Play and iTunes. Make sure to follow my Fyuse too at @itscamilleco!

Now, if only I can have 3D images on my blog as well. I guess we just have to settle for these for now.

26 Responses to “Touristy In Korea”
  1. Angelica Jugueta

I’ll definitely try this out when I visit Korea! Their hanboks are so cute and I really love it that you wore it with white sneakers! Haha. It looks modern and traditional at the same time. <3

• Camille Co

Haha! I had no choice but good thing they matched my hanbok :)

2. Eloisa Abella

Love the last photo! Looks like you guys really had a lot of fun. Wish I can experience that too 🙏

3. demisensei

I was once a teacher of Korean students. You look as beautiful as them, especially your skin complexion. Do you by any chance have even just a drop of korean blood? hehe, So pretty <3

• Camille Co

Someone’s on a roll reading my past posts! :) I don’t have any Korean ancestry, at least as far as I know :)

• Camille Co

Me? Haha! It was nice to pretend to be one just for laughs <3

4. Christine Koay

You look so pretty in Hanbok, Ms Camille!! <3 <3 This blue colour look really good on you! You pick this set or they pick it for you? Wanna visit Korea one day T.T I need to save up.

• Camille Co

I picked it out! :) There were so many to choose from. Hopefully one day you’ll get to try it too!

5. Judylyn

Hi Camille! It’s been a while since I got here again. But your travel diaries never fail to inspire me. And through this, I got to put my own nooow! (Hope you could check out. heheh) Your travel photos never fails me inspire and dream on those destination (and of course try what you did.) hahah. Hope to bump you sooooon! <3

6. Elizabeth T.

Aww I love the delicate details of your hanbok so much! So pretty! <3 :) Hahaha if I go to Korea, I'd definitely want to wear one as well, just for the photos and the memories! And that 360 photo is so cool!!! :D Definitely will try the app out!

XO, Elizabeth